A county-based, public assistance program, the Center for Employment Opportunity (CEO) provides case management services to San Joaquin County CalWORKs' recipients. The goal is to assist all welfare clients in becoming economically self-sufficient and independent.
Services of CEO include:
- Employment assessment to match skills and experience to labor market conditions.
- Educational assessment to determine levels of academic proficiency.
- Learning disability assessment to identify potential barriers to training.
- Assistance with childcare referrals to licensed childcare centers or family childcare.
- Assistance with transportation.
- Assistance with ancillary items needed to sustain employment, such as work clothing, tools, and equipment.
- Pre-screening selection process so that only qualified referrals are made.
- Vocational counseling aimed at securing and maintaining employment.
- Building marketable skills to maximize employment potential.
Specialized job retention services:
- Counseling and supportive services intended to assist with the transition to unsubsidized employment.
Activities focus on:
- Increasing participation in county-approved, work-related activities.
- Improving employment through training at participating county centers, such as WorkNet, Stockton Adult School, Goodwill Industries, Good Shepherd Training, Woodruff R.O.C, San Joaquin Delta College, Andon College, Heald College, and various local vocational centers.
- Assistance in developing a Welfare-to-Work plan, participation in Job Readiness/Job Search activities, or attendance at training workshops.
- On-site social services and job counseling.
What We Can Do For Employers:
- Pre-screen applicants to ensure only qualified application are received.
- Pre-employment preparation of candidates by interviewing, orienting, and selecting the most qualified applicants.
- Implementing and directing follow-up services for personal growth and development.